SEO Training Course: The Ultimate Crash Course to Creating Digital Content
Master the skills you need to create online content that ranks on Google
Next class starts Nov. 11th 2020
By attending this course, you’ll learn the skills you need to create SEO optimised content that engages and inspires audiences.
How Does SEO Training with Copy House Work?
Each week you’ll receive your course packet containing a pre-recorded video, slides and your homework. You’ll then have open office hours where you can meet your instructor and ask questions about the course or copywriting in general.
Our flexible structure means you can learn in your own time, at your own pace.Register your interest
Who’s Our SEO Copywriting Course For?
Our course is perfect for you if you’re:
- Trying to land your first copywriting career
- Looking to kickstart a freelance copywriting business
- Keen to improve your SEO skills to produce better online content
- Wanting some formal, but fun copywriting training
SEO & Copywriting Course Programme
Our programme covers four key areas with 10 modules. Each module comes with homework assignments.
Module 1: Introduction to SEO
- What is SEO?
- Recent Algorithm Updates
- On-page vs. Off-page SEO
- Technical vs. Non-Technical SEO
- Why Does SEO Matter?
Module 2: Keyword Research & Mapping
- What is Keyword Research?
- What Does the Data Mean?
- Types of Keywords
- Search Intent
- How to Conduct Keyword Research
- Keyword Mapping
Module 3: On-Page SEO
- Important Areas for On-Page SEO
- Headers (H1, H2 & H3s)
- Page Titles
- Meta Descriptions
- Paragraph Copy
Module 4: URL, Alt Tag & Backlinks
- Why do URLs Matter & Best Practices
- What is Alt Text & Best Practices
- What are Internal Links & Internal Site Structure
- Anchor Text
- What are Backlinks & Best Practices
Module 5: SEO Data Analysis
- Why is SEO Analysis Important?
- SEO Tools
- Screaming Frog
- Google Analytics
- What Does the Data Mean?
Module 6: Content Strategy
- Content Ideation
- Internal Sources of Inspiration
- External Sources of Inspiration
- Gathering Ideas into a Content Calendar
Module 7: Outlines & Featured Snippets
- Why Do You Need an Outline?
- Process for Writing an Outline
- Top Tips for Writing an Outline
- Featured Snippets
- How to Optimise for Featured Snippets
- How to Find Ideas for Featured Snippets
Module 8: Customer Avatars
- What is a Customer Avatar?
- Who Do Customer Avatars Matter?
- Creating a Customer Avatar
- How to Harness Pain Points
Module 9: Tone of Voice
- What is Tone of Voice?
- B2C vs. B2B
- Describing TOV
- How to Find Your TOV
Module 10: Content Distribution
- Why Does Content Distribution Matter?
- Content Distribution Channels
- Social Media
- How to Choose the Correct Channels
Module 11 – Capstone Project: Writing Workshop
During the 2-hour live workshop, you’ll have the opportunity to put your learnings into practice and get personalised feedback on your articles from the class and workshop tutor.
After completing the workshop you’ll:
- Know specific ways to improve your writing skills
- Get personalised feedback on getting your article ready for the web
- Have a better understanding of whether you’re using SEO best practices
- Experience others’ writing styles and get inspiration for your next article
What Our Past Students’ Say
“I could not recommend this course enough for those wanting to brush up on their Copywriting skills, or those that were like me and completely new to digital marketing and wanted to learn more!”Zara Chatir
“This course has been great so far. Kathryn clearly knows her stuff and I’ve learned a lot that I can utilize in my own career. Would definitely recommend!”Jessica Persson
Meet Your Instructor
Kathryn Strachan is the Managing Director and Head of Copy at Copy House Ltd., a content marketing agency specialising in technology and FinTech content.
Kathryn launched Copy House in April 2019 after working in-house at digital agencies and then successfully running a freelance copywriting business. Her copywriting business quickly transformed into a content marketing agency with a seven-person team and globally renowned clients including Klarna, Travelex, Cigna and Lloyds Bank.
Kathryn’s achievements also include:
- Shortlisted Small Business of the Year Edinburgh 2020
- Speaking at MoneyNext on How to Market Blockchain
- Judging the 2020 Content Marketing Awards
- Interviewing FinTech leaders as an Everly journalist
Spread the Cost
You can spread the cost of our courses across two payments. Just select ‘Split pay’ when applying to the course.
Get an Invoice
Ask for an invoice by sending a message to email@example.com
Register your interest
Leave your details to find out more about the upcoming course.